1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5.4 superduty with flowmster 50 seris

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gssuperduty, Feb 3, 2006.

1. gssuperduty

gssuperduty Junior Member

Hi Guys
    Any one install a flowmaster 50 series muffler on their truck.
    Looking to see if its to loud for plowing .
    How much louder than stock is it.

thanks
    gssuperduty

2. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Look up "SuperDuty"......I read on a other thread he had them on his truck but he said he didnt like the sound so he went with the 40 series....:waving:

4. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I have true duals and magnaflows on my Jeep, trust me you want the quietest exaust you can get on a truck you will spend so much time in

I used to come home and close my eyes to go to sleep and all I could hear in my head was the sound of the exaust.

5. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Just read your post, like POPO4995 said from my previous post. I now have a 40 series Flowmaster on my F-250 w/ the 5.4 liter and I don't have any problems as far as it being too loud. The 50 series just wasn't what I expected so I had Lew's Custom Exhaust put on the 40 with no extra charge!
    I love the way it sounds now and I think you will too!! Good Luck!:drinkup: