1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5.3 Oil Change

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by diehrd, Jan 31, 2007.

1. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

Was a bit bored so I pulled into a vavoline instant oil change..I walk in and ask how much to change oil he looks at Tahoe and says 33.95 plus an extra qt plus tax ..

I look at him and say do i get an exotic body rub with that oil or ya just gonna refill my truck with it ! ! ! ! ! !

And a woman sitting on the first bay who was watching this whole thing starts laughing so hard she had to roll her window up like she was hiding LMAO...
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Lol, thats why we do our own oil, costs us like $5.50 a time or something
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

6 qt of 5-30 stock spec oil and 1 filter. not that hard. get a good filter. wix is about #1 on the list these days. and napa and car quest filters are wix. dont skimp on the oil also. get some name brand not that walmart tech 2000 or equivilent junk.
  4. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

ha i got it done at Monroe Muffler...Internet special 15.99 ..
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Then You Complain When You Get Low-balled
  6. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

Please i never complain if ya can do it cheaper then me do it...Business is a numbers game not me vs you
  7. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I like my engines!
    If I can't or dont want to change my own oil, I have the dealer do it.
    At least when I leave, I have peace of mind knowing the job was done correctly., IMHO
    They charge $28.95 and sometimes I would rather pay then to freeze my a55 off.
    when I do it It cost about the same as I use mobil 1.
  8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Sorry... I did not explain myself correctly, since I don't know you, I don't know if YOU complain, But I do know a LOT of complaining goes on in here (plowsite.com) about low-balling.

same shoe different foot.
  9. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

thats ok,,,I been in business 20 years,,,,win some lose some , and really when Vavoline instant oil change is 300 feet from a Monroe muffler that uses vavoline oil they should wake the hell up LMAO..
  10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

we use the generic on sale oil, always have, always have had no problems (380,000+ combined miles on 2 motors run on generic oil) im not sure wat we use for filters, dad picks those up normally. so far we have had good luck with cheap oil and gm small blocks so we are going to stick with it.
  11. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog Member

changing oil brands is not good for the longevity of the motor, as different brands use different additives- granted, sbc's are virtually indestructible, but when you buy cheapo oil, you could end up with "re- refined" motor oil ( recycled, few additives added in) I stick with napa motor oil ( valvoline) and napa filters( wix) - different additives will actually fight against each other , and can cause premature wear- usually, for just a few pennies more- you can get napa or parts master oil ( both valvoline) and KNOW what you are getting. 'Rude Dog
  12. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i can understand the not wanting to do it yourself part but not the piece of mind part! i dont trust anyone with my vehicles. i remember when i was younger my grandmother stopped at a victory lane which is a local quick change oil shop, anyway she pulled out of the shop after it was done then pulled out into the turn lane of a 5 lane road and her car died in the middle of the road. they forgot to put her plug back in so all her oil drained out :dizzy: :nono: :mad:
  13. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I use Mobil 1, which I am currently getting at 34.68/ case. Plus a Delco or Pure One oil filter which costs $3-5.00 depending on the store I get it from. Because of the miles I drive the oil gets changed "about" once every 60-90 days or 5,000 miles.
  14. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

you say dont skimp on oil, but the super tech brand (walmart) ranked number two on the list for oil. Right behind mobil 1
  15. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

on the list? What list?
  16. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Mobil 1 is great stuff. $26 per case at Costco