1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5.3 l 1500 series Silverado strong enough for plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 6.0lchevy8ftwes, Jan 26, 2009.

1. 6.0lchevy8ftwes

6.0lchevy8ftwes Junior Member

Hey I own a 2000 2500 series 6.0 liter silverado, I crashed the right side pretty bad in the last big snow storm....... So now I looking at 2000 5.3 liter 1500 series silverado my question is will it push the snow with the 5.3 and will the font shocks support my 8ft western? Also the plow bracket from the 2500 gunna fit the 1500?? Thanks a lot

2. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

What style blade (standard, pro, pro plus) and what mounting style???? (unimount, ultra)

3. 6.0lchevy8ftwes

Pro , and ultramount

4. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

check the western website for the mount part # for the truckside , and you are gonna need at least a set of timbrens up front, the pro is a bit heavy for that truck.

5. 6.0lchevy8ftwes

Dam...... U think I b ok for the rest of this season only doing 8 residentsl accounts? I really don't do commercial or big lots

6. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

the problem is all the extra weight on the front end parts. I would say if you do your driveways and take the plow off till the next snow, you should be ok for the rest of the season. but why risk it.

as they say " you can pay me now or you can pay me later" payup

now is cheaper...