1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5.05 a can!!!

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by andrewlawnrangr, Dec 3, 2007.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i ordered from McCaster in Nj i got 2 cases at 5.05 a can... not to bad. ive never used this stuff but from what u guys say i think im goin to start.....
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

how much for shipping? i was thinking about getting a case from them
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe I'm missing something here but to me thats just an added cost to cover your plow with this stuff or any other stuff. Can somebody school me on this trend that seems to be sweeping this site, as long as I have been plowing i have never had any significant build up of snow on the plow the only time was o the old plows where the powder coat was worn off.
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

it is a corrosion preventative..........it has little use as a snow build up preventer......
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Exactly, I'm more worried about my truck rusting then snow sticking to my blade.
  6. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

I went to the mcmaster carr site and can't find fluid film there...can someone post a link please?

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

since i couldnt find f f locally i found a product that napa carried called chain lube
    works great.

8. santelikk

santelikk Member

Part Number: 12055K74
    For McMaster Carr
  9. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I did my blade first, I am doing my truck on the next clear dry day. My concern is for the truck first but I want them both to last a long time.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have a website for this place??
  11. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

12. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

it will not stand up to FF......

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

maybe we need to do a test.

14. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Ooh yeah, a test, a test! :bluebounc
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

16. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Thanks for the Link,Ordered a 12 pack last night had this afternoon.It shipped out of Aurora,Ohio.They charged sales tax plus shipping which ended up being 5.89 a can.Thanks again Dan.
  17. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

$5.05 sounds great, maybe I can finally afford to try this stuff!

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Just ordered a case from Mcmaster Carr.I am amazed at how well this stuff works for rust prevention as I have to store my plow in the elements. Will post some pics of plow as soon as I can.