1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4x4 working but with little tourqe

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bsuds, Mar 8, 2014.

1. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I was out plowing today, and for the first time since I owned my classic 2007 2500hd, the truck was having trouble going up snowy hills and pushing snow. The four wheel drive seems to be working but the truck does not seem to be putting very much power to the front tires. Example. The back tires would spin going up the hill, while the front tires did not. But when I am on a flat icy surface I can get all tires to spin. Why would the four wheel drive work but lack the power to work effectively? Could this be a fluid issue?
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

My truck will do this if I don't have any weight in the back, the diesel and plow weigh down the front end but pick up the back.
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

I put 300#s in mine without a plow for winter all between the tailgate and fender well....also I only have 60#s of air in the back tires....recommendation is 80, but that is for max load....65 in front but you will prob need the 80 because of the plow
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

imho....you should have enough weight in back that you could do a lot of plowing in 2 wheel drive, and not totally depend on 4wd to push