1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4x4 unimog truck snow blower hunting atv equiptment

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BrianWillan, Feb 8, 2009.

1. BrianWillan

BrianWillan Junior Member

I found this 4X4 UNIMOG TRUCK for sale in Canada, it's not mine. Listed for $9500.

No other details in the ad itself. Hopefully this will be of use to someone here that is looking for that ultimate plow truck.

The is also this truck snowblower for sale.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. BrianWillan

BrianWillan Junior Member

I contacted the person with this unimog and found out the following.

1) 1963 with 40K km
    2) 6 cylinder GAS engine
    3) comes with tire chains
    4) has all the extra jacks, wheel chocks and misc items that tend to get lost.
    5) was the guy's own personal vehicle
    6) is fully titled and licensed for on road use in the province of Ontario.

I don't proclaim to know much about Unimogs, but from what I have seen in the used market they still command prices in excess of 10K for 1960's models.

3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Do you have any contact info for the guy?
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

This is a1 4x4 mud or snow runs like new 6 cyl call john @ asset & repo 705 739 4447 place a bid for more info thanks
  5. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Based on the pictures this is what I can see.

Former Swiss military Unimog 404
    Some rust under the grill and above the front fenders.
    Paint is fairly faded.

The Unimog 404 has an M-180 gas engine, 94hp, 6 forward and 2 reverse, part time 4 wheel drive, with differential locks front and rear. The engine is a low compression version of what was put in the 220 and 230 sedans. (install the car head, intake, carbs for a 1/3 increase in HP). Vacuum assist brakes, No power steering.

Parts are VERY available and resonably priced in Canada and the US. The NATO tires aren't the greatest but there's a number of other styles available when the time comes.

As a plow truck the biggest negative is the lack of power steering. Capacity is approx 2600#, the rear canvas is removable, and off road it's pretty hard to find an off the shelf truck that is more capable. Convertible too so you can cruise on Saturday nights.

I'd say the value is closer to $8500/9000 US due to condition. The Swiss have released all of their Mogs so the value should only increase.
  6. Caveman

Caveman Junior Member

Unimogs are great for plowing snow but newer ones are pretty heavy. Tires on mine are too wide to dig down so I always have to chain up. There are many any Unimog except the 404 are diesel now. There are thousands of different combos of drive train trans and bogy styles. Some have 6 gears or 8 or 20 or 24. Some have torque converters. Sometimes you can find a 406 or 416 with a plow for around $20,000.
  7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Check date.