1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4x4 Problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bdover21, Dec 17, 2010.

1. bdover21

bdover21 Member
    from Iowa

2006 F-250 Super Duty 6.0 Liter. First problem was the 4x4 light on the dash was coming on and weren't switching the switch at all so we went into 4x4 and back down then to 2WD and light would go off. Now the light goes on and off whenever it wants and now when we go to switch into 4x4, nothing happens. Try and lock in the hubs and go into 4-Low then back into 4-High and you'll finally catch it and get it into 4-High. Is it the module or the switch or something completely different? Anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
  2. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

mine acutally did this same thing the last storm. I would put it in fourwheel drive the light would come on but nothing. So i went out and locked my hubs and now when u put it in and out of fourwheel drive it works fine i am not sure what it is yet i havent looked at it yet so if you find out let me now but mine works fine when i lock my hubs.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

a vacuum line is brkoen or came loose
  4. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

With the key on and the truck not running if you switch into 4 wheel you should be able to hear the motor engaging at the transfer case. If you hear it engage and disengage when you move the switch it is not the motor or selenoid, check the vacuum lines. I had severla problems with the ford auto locking hubs and had to replace 2 to the tune of $250 each, when the 3rd one went I ordered Warn Manual locking hubs, $200 for both rather then $250 each.