1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4x4 Issues AGAIN I Need Help!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Dec 14, 2008.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

If anyone remembers me I had 4x4 problem before with my 2003 ford f-250 with a 5.4 and with electronic shift. and before the lockout hubs were shot and the transfer case shift motor was shot. Well now I was out plowing and on my last driveway it stopped working. then I shut the truck off and turned it back on and it went into 4/wd. then somebody called me to do there drive so I went and did it and half way through it it stopper working and it wouldnt work no more. so I tried to do what I could with 2/wd and went home. and then it worked every once in a awhile. now it just wont work. the switch motor does not make any noise liek it wants to work. the switch in the cab is good. I had another one so I put that one in to try it and that didnt even work. I have checked all the fuses and stuff that have to do with the 4/wd. they are all good. if anyone can help me I really need it. I am thinking maybe the motor is bad again. when I took it off and checked it, the inside of it was coroding. WhenI tested for power at the switch and at the motor it said I had nothing. but when this happend before it said I had no power and the motor got changed it worked. I just dont know. truck has 145k on it and runs good. just this 4/wd doesnt want to cooperate with me. The 4/wd worked good since I had it fixed in july of 2007.
  2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I would assume that it is the motor again. Did it have some kind of warranty? where did you get it from? Certain things I only use deal parts... Worth the $$ for reliability.
  3. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

Are you saying that there is power at the switch, but no power showing at the plug at the transfer case? My friend owns a tranny shop, and i'll ask him tomorrow if you can clarify that.
  4. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

When problems like that keep reacurring i just take it to the shop and pay out of my ass to get it right. You need a dependable truck and its worth paying for it.
  5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Just fixed it the transfer case motor was shot