1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4x4 ford van with 7'6" boss

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Oct 23, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

we had a guy come in a few weeks ago, with a '82 ford van, 4x4, auto and he just spent $3000 on a new crate motor(351 with a nasty cam and was basicly built lol. since no UC kits are made for his truck i had to bascily start with a few plow kits...plasma cut, weld, drill it into working.

part of the upper mount/push beam is from a 00-up 2500 chevy kit. the back braces are modifed 80-86 ford f-250 parts.

after alot of welding and drilling we fnally felt it was way over built for the 7'6" standard duty it was getting lol (yes i know in the pic it had a super duty on it...there was a mixup)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thoughts?

2. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

WOW thats cool, It holds the super duty very well. One bad@$$ looking plow van

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A man with a plan has a van with a big cam.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's kinda neat. It'ts nothing I would want, but it's still neat.

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Wouldn't be bad for sidewalk crew and this could then cleanup any mess they make in the lots.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

pretty dope

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You said dope. Huh huh, huh.

8. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

thats awesome, id love that one for sure more if it was a chevy
    when i bought my van, if you value your tools thats what ya buy. trucks with caps suck imo been there done that, still need a truck though regardless.

i was looking at quigley conversions, 8500 bucks for the conversion. i ended up getting mine in awd, i knew i wouldn't plow with it, but it would do better than most of you think.

it can turn a sharper circle than a truck, it has more weight than a truck, ive never been stuck yet. and if my van is rockin don't come knockin

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

What beautiful poetry. :laughing:

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I agree.:drinkup::drinkup:

11. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Saw that on facebook. Pretty good on that mount.

Thought about install on 96 E350 club wagon passenger van that I drive daily.

I drive van more than I drive F250 due front end plus turn radius on Van is BEST. You could see where pole or wall in van.

12. jrr02005

jrr02005 Junior Member

Thats pretty cool man!

How much ballast did you have to add to that bad boy?

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I've been reading quite a bit of the Dr's work lately.....

14. 91AK250

lol i thought you guys would get a kick out of it, i know the whole shop did. i was scratching my head for alittle bit on how to go about it...but once you start cutting and welding and drilling it kinda all comes together.

15. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

this makes me so jealous i have wanted a 4wd full size van for so long id convert my 72 dodge buts its too nice and original and itd be a big project because its unibody not full frame like chevys and fords theres some guy by my house w a silly looking chevy cargo van with a plow he put duallys on it and like cut up a 55g drum for dually flares it looks ridiculous but apparelently it works

16. 91AK250

idk what this guy does, or what his attachment is to this van. but he just dropped like over 10 grand into it. we charged him $7500 for the plow and custom install. he also just had a new built 351 put in it with a recipt in the truck of over $3600, which was done right before he brought the van to us. makes ya wonder...

17. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

WOW that is a perfect for that part of the country.Enclosed heated and room for all kinds of stuff. You could crash in the back and have room to move around.I dont know about tight places but long and large props would be perfect. Wonder what his plan is for its use?

18. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

its kinda kool, something different,

looks like you do good work!