1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4x2 Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by lamservicesinc, Dec 2, 2008.

1. lamservicesinc

lamservicesinc Junior Member

I have a 2007 Chevy 3500 dump its a 4x2 dually, I put a 9 1/2 V plow Western I got 2 skids of salt on back for weight and it works great didnt get stuck yet and already plowed 6 ' of snow, but one main problem I have is the frame of the plow is really low and it hits the gound alot when I drive.... Is there heavy duty springs or shocks or something I can do to lift up the front end so I dont have this problem, please help out ASAP thank you....... email me at lamservicesinc@yahoo.com
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

6' of snow???
    Heavy duty springs might help but a 4X4 would be alot better.
  3. lamservicesinc

lamservicesinc Junior Member

Sorry I mean 6" inches of snow at one time lol

Do you know of any good heavy duty springs? And you think this will help the issue and keep the truck up more.....
  4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Lots of truck owners use timbrins
  5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Find a spring rebuilder (Yellow pages : Spring rebuilders, generally under automotive) in your area- they can offer the best suggestions for increasing the carrying capacity of the front end.
  6. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

A friend of mine has the same truck except his is 4x4. Hey had a set of beefed up springs installed and put a set of Timbrens on. It helped but he still has a low-clearance.
  7. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

By the way he may be selling it if your interested.
  8. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Just turn up your torsion bars up a few cranks and add timbrens. $150 bucks and 30 minutes and you're golden!