1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cward05, Dec 1, 2005.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

hi everyone...ok, so on thanksgiving day, i went to go plow with my 83 chevy 1/2 ton...and as i went to go start my first push, the back tires were just spinning...and although i put it in 4hi, i felt it wasnt even in 4wd...i ended up getting stuck, and after a bit of persuasion, i drove it around the neighborhood...then the 4wd finally kicked in (it felt like it) when i went to go push another time. the manual hub on the driver's side was being stubborn before...getting stuck about halfway and then finally locking in...could this be the problem? or is it something else? any suggestions on how to fix it? thanks.
  2. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

I have not used manual hubs in years but I do remember a few times when it was hard to get into 4wd the first time of the year. Could be a lube problem. Do they work normally now?
  3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Could be your hub or check the electrical conections on the T-case. I know there is a little check ball switch that sometimes sticks, but this only crontrols actuator and light for cab to let you know your in 4-wheel.(Scratch the actuator part, thought your truck was 88 not 83)

Good Luck:redbounce
  4. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

i haven't been home from college yet to check now it works now...i will let you all know though...thanks for now!