1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4WD Tractor how much rear weights?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by tony h, Dec 16, 2013.

1. tony h

tony h Junior Member

I have a Kubotor tractor it's the 3500 series. similair to John Deeres 3000 and 4000 series. Small 6 foot plow in front. Chains on front tires since that's where the plow weight is. I find I am still losing rear traction . Rear Chains are on the list but what about rear weights??? how much are we talking? 200 lbs? 500lbs? anyone have a setup that works for you? I have some inclines that just get too slippery as the season goes on.

2. Dakota Dave

Dakota Dave Member

I would put as much as you can on. I have 1500 lbs including the wieght of the chains on My tractor. Id add more if I could find more to fit.

3. kampfitt

kampfitt Junior Member

Get a 3 pt rear weight box, start at 400-500lbs then try it. Add more if you need too. I have JD 750 turf tires, chains on front and old Meyers 7' on front of my loader. 400lbs in box and it does great jod for little tractor!

4. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

I ran a 550# box-blade with an additional 700# of ballast strapped to it.

When I pushed wet snow, I'd have it stacking up 10' in front of the bucket.

I'd use as much as I could fit, but I was using a 6' bucket.

The extra weight was welcome when stacking snow for sure.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  5. mmaddox

mmaddox Member

We run 4,000 to 6,000 pounds on Four Wheel Drive tractors. On Front Wheel Assist tractors. it will vary by size and tires. About 400 pounds on a little 30 hp compact with turf tires for sidewalks, no back blade. Lots of differences to take into consideration. Fluid in tires, pusher/blade/bucket, sizes?