1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4WD hi or low

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truck freak, Oct 26, 2003.

1. truck freak

truck freak Junior Member

This might seem like a dumb question ? but i keep getting told different things.

What is better to plow in 4wd HI or 4wd LOW, and what are the pro's and con's of either

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I usually plow in 4x4 HI. When it gets real deep I will use low. My truck is a 4 speed and I have had zero drive line problems.

My plowing partner uses low and his is Blazer is an auto trans. He has cooked a few trannies over the years and the rebuilder told him to use low.

Just my experience,
    Mark K

Welcome to PS:waving:

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

this has been touched upon 3 times in the last week;) look on page 2 or 3

5. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Heck, if it is a flat enough lot, I will plow in 2wd with my 2500 Dodge. I will turn off my OD switch and go. No since using 4wd if it ain't needed. Probably use it this way 30% of the time. Otherwise I use 4hi unless real steep hill. Then it goes into 4lo.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Hey,another local guy ! Welcome to Plowsite.

Like Dino said,search,it has been discussed many times.

Where about's in Toronto are you ?