1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4th day of snow and still......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProWorkz.com, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Yep, fourth day of snow for me and still going...... Forecasting another 6 days straight..... Hope you guys back east get some of what we are getting on the west coast. I have been trying to blow back as much snow up in the sky so it will head your way......!!!! :nod:

Dave

2. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

Thanks. It is rediculous here. The next 10 day have the day temps in the 40's :realmad: with rain :realmad: if it would cool down it would be snow :angry:. I'm just about fed up. :angry:

Later,
    Chris

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

It's like 40 degrees here in upstate NY, called for light snow today... it rained.. calling fore rain on Friday... I don't think I will every have to plow if this keeps up... and to think we usually get almost 200 inches a year.... I think we have had like 6 inches.... :realmad: :angry: :mad:

4. 7.......???

Snowed 7 feet today. Expecting another 3 feet tomorrow... :drinkup:

5. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

send some over here

6. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Set a record here in Minneapolis today, 50 degrees, and still no plowable snow on the year. Might have a chance Saturday night, but I'll believe it when I see it.

7. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

Had one 4 inch event here , according to the weather man we might not get any real winter weather until mid jan. Last year buy the end of dec. I had already billed 4 events. I hope the weathermen is wrong.
    Steve

8. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

It is 53 degrees this a.m. Calling for some freezing rain and snow mix for New Years day and the day after. Feel free to send some snow my way. :waving: :cry:

Breck

9. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

7 days ago we had 12" of snow on the ground....Today, only a few piles of left over snow & 60 degrees. Good O'l Indiana....the weather changes about every 24 hrs LOL :p

10. Still

I started the this post on 12/29/04. Today it is 01/04/05 and it is still snowing. Has snowed every day since the 29th...... Weather calls for 7 more days of snow..... We have record snow fall in my home town of Reno, Nevada. And have had over 7 feet in Incline Village, Nevada where I plow.....

This is my first year plowing for my self..... What a great way to start off......... :)

11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

do you mean plowing or snow blowing? there is no where to put that much snow. especially in the mountains where you are at, the roads become a alley with huge banks on either side.

12. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

CAT - you are killing me. Was 67 degrees and I have been wearing shorts outside for a week!!! NEED SNOW NOW!!!!!

13. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

It won't snow around New Jersey because I refurbed some of my equipment this year! :cry:

14. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Where's the pictures!!! I almost forgot what the white stuff looks like, nevertheless 7' of it. Nice to see someone is making some green. :help:

15. Wolfies L&L

Wolfies L&L Member

ybnrmal-I have a camp just near you in Galeton, PA!

Anyways, It's rediculous here in York, PA! All week its been raining and 40's and 50's. I just wish that it would go down about 10-15 degrees so we could have some type of excitement around here! We had a little event a couple of weeks ago with a little bit of snow and some freezing rain-but nothing that I could get excited about. Hope the next 2 months proves something else! :cry:

Jason

16. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

CAT226B,

We spoke on the phone before these storms hit us. I must be doing something wrong... I have not had time until today to even get on the computer! I have put 89 hours on my new toolcat, not to mention a few on my big CAT in less than 6 days. Needless to say, it's been real interesting!

17. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

how do you like the toolcat? does it hold enough fuel? with your 235/75/15 tires what is the top mph? i think the tires make a lot of grip as to the stock bar tires.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  18. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

The series of storms that hit us last week is probably hitting many of you now. The first day I ran my route with my 04 GMC Boss. The next morning we had quite a bit (12 to 14 inches) of new snow. In a previous post I had mentioned that I hate chains. I had studded mud and snows put on the Toolcat. I started at 3:30/am with my commercials and then started into my residentials. Quite a few of my residentals are very steep and long. I was somewhat nervous about how the Toolcat would do. In less than 5 days I put 89 hours on the Toolcat and never got stuck, and did not run chains. It performed better than I had ever expected. At one point the county ran motor graders through the subdivisions and the berms were 4 to 5 feet high. It got to the point that my trucks with Boss V's could no longer handle the "one shots' that had never been done during the storms. In the Toolcat I was able to do "one shots" that I would have either passed up or had to road my big CAT to do. The Toolcat saved me time and is easy to spend many hours in without feeling really beat up. I'm so impressed that I'm seriously considering selling my big CAT and getting another Toolcat. Someone asked about speed and fuel. I would say that it burns a gallon or so an hour. At first I noticed the guage going down faster than expected which made me suspect it had a smaller tank than advertised. I had the dealer come up and do the first service and I asked the mechanic about the tank. He told me that the tank is molded and the sending unit is not at the bottom so it reads incorrectly. There is more fuel than the guage says. As for speed, we live in a mountainous area and I would venture a guess that I averaged about 16 to 17 miles an hour which is light years ahead of my big CAT.

Tonight we are expecting the start of another series of storms that are bigger than the ones we just had. The snow level is expected to drop about 2000 feet lower than normal and last through Monday! Hope these snowflakes and dollars are reaching you guys!

19. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Tim,

Are you in the part of California that is expecting 100" of snow from this next storm. If you are good luck to you. :)

20. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

have any pics of your toolcat in action? i assume you have a blower for it right?