1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4R75E F150 Transmission.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by doh, Jan 6, 2017.

1. doh

doh Senior Member

Hi everyone;

So just asking, How does everyone make out with them?

My 2008, in the hands of my under aged son on a joy ride, lost Reverse.

Did all of the tests, read the TSB about the Reverse Planetary failures (which wasn't the cause, No filings in the pan). Wound up ordering a Ford Reman, 3 year Unlimited Mileage warranty, with Updated Planetary.

4 years and 27,000 kms. later, Plowing a 10" event, put it in Reverse, heard a bang (like I hit the truck next to me but didn't) No Reverse.

Did the Pressure Tests again, No metal in the pan again, Internal problem again.

So it is either the Reverse Band (still has low), or Reverse Sun Gear case (weld Breaking)

Anyone else experience this? How does one stop it from happening? (I am the only user this time, 25 years at plowing, usually gentle, without any previous Tranny Troubles in other brands)