1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4R100 Repair

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Cooter24, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I am having the transmission pulled out tomorrow in my 99 F350. The front seal needs replaced, and I might replace the torque converter also. Is there anything else I should do while its out. I think I am going to skip the full rebuild at this time as it seems to shift fine. Will also know more when we get the pan off and look at the filter. The truck does have 185000 miles on it though. Just wondering if there was anything I could do to help the longevity of this.

2. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Replace the engines rear main oil seal. Also replace trans. filter and fluid in transfer case.

3. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Flush out the transmission cooler and lines as well. My '01 F350 has a cooler in the bottom of the rad as well as a separate one. Trans. fluid flows through rad first then separate cooler.

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

The cooler and lines are getting flushed.