1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4l80e trans

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CSC Contracting, May 23, 2011.

1. CSC Contracting

CSC Contracting Senior Member

Anyone know the difference between a 2001 ond a 1995 4l80e trans other than the torque converter that you would use? Can you use any 4l80e in any year that had one or are the internal componets different? Thanks

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

My tranny shop told me recently that I could use the 4L80E out of my 98 K2500 and put it in my 03 2500HD if I ever needed too but would need to use the torque converter out of the newer truck. I had asked the question at the time cause I was wondering if the two were interchangeable before I was to sell the 98 after the tranny had been rebuilt two years ago.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I know in 95 or so, they did some upgrades inside. 91-94 tbi trucks had a solid shift linkage versus the new style cable. In 03 or 04 they did more to the insides and made it a 4l85e. Still the same trans though. Would think the bell housing would be different from the 6.0 to the 350

4. CSC Contracting

I have a 91 3500 with a 454 will that mount with the 6.0?

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I doubt it. But I can't say either way. Best bet would be call a trans shop and ask or even the service dept at a Chevy dealer

6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe ring B&B's bell he should know...

7. CSC Contracting

I found a 1996 4l80e that was hooked upto a 350 will it bolt up to my 1991 454? I think I will just have to keep my converter.