1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4L60E info

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Big Red, May 19, 2003.

1. Big Red

Big Red Junior Member

how many quarts does a 4L60E transmission hold if you flush the entire thing and add a torque converter

and i know this doesn't pertain to trucks but does anybody know where the oil pressure sending unit is on a 94 camaro with a V-8?

all replies will be very much appreciated

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The oil pressure sending unit is probably on teh top of the block, right next to teh distributor. I think the tranny holds around 506 qts, but I don't remember off hand.

3. DrMaserati

DrMaserati Junior Member

Now that's one HUMONGOUS transmission!:eek:

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

oops, I meant 5 or 6 qts.

That would be one hell of a tranny! sorry bout that.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Big Red,the trans holds about 13 quarts total capacity. If you drop the pan,and replace the TC you will need about 9-11 quarts to fill it.There will still be some left in the valve body.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

It should be almost 14 quarts if it's totally empty.I'd add about 8-9 or 9 and then top off from there.

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

My factory manual says that it takes about 5 quarts.
    And about 11 quarts after a complete overhaul.