1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

48" Whelen Lightbar with front take downs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Jan 29, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello! I am looking at a 48" whelen 8 strobe lightbar with front and rear take down lights. If I was to mount it on my truck, would I have to cover the front take down lights the same way if I had KC style off road lights mounted on a light rack like what you see on off road trucks?
    Thank You

2. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

That depends on state laws. I think in IL any white lights (i.e. offroad lights) above the hood (I think) have to be covered. Call your state cops and find out.

3. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

I don't believe you have to, I have take downs on my Code 3 MX7000 and i never cover them and never had a problem and all the other guys i see with light bars never cover them. I don't even see the point in covering them.

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

no you dont have to, we dont cover them, I have the same bars on my trucks, the back take downs are reall nice, you can hook them up so the turn on like back up lights when you put the in gear.