1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

48" Whelen Edge, loaded

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by edosher, Mar 19, 2006.

1. edosher

edosher Member

I am selling my 48" Whelen Edge light bar and switch box,
    All new clear and amber lenses 3 months old!
    -4 corner strobes, quad flash
    -2 Front amber flashers
    -2 Rear amber flashers
    -4 Front clear take downs, the outer two flash with front amber flashers on
    -2 Rear clear work lights
    - Left and right Alley lights

Custom made 5 switch box with labeled led indicators
    1. Single throw for all stobes
    2. Double throw switch, rear flashers or all flashers
    3. Double throw switch, Take down or work lights
    4. Double throw Switch, left or right alley
    5. Double throw switch, aux 1 or aux 2

I am asking $550 for the package, feel free to email me at Edosher@aol.com for pics or questions, Thanks Andrew

2. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Post a pick I may be interested. Or send me one my email is jazak@optonline.net. Also does it come with all the wiring?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  3. edosher

edosher Member

Whelen Edge Pics

All wiring, relays, fuses are included for the light bar and switch box. Sorry that the lights are dirty, I have been too busy to wash the truck for a few weeks.

rear light barJPG.jpg

front light bar.JPG

Switch box.JPG

4. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

How long have you had it? R there 4 front work lights & are there different speeds for the flasher & strobes.

5. edosher

edosher Member

I have owned the light bar for about three years now, recently I have moved for a new job and also have my first baby on the way-the Ram isn't a family truck as the wife reminds me!
    About the flash patterns, I have never tried to change the patterns, but I understand it is an easy procedure.
    I have listed the switches from left to right on the switch box(the swithces are illuminated as well as the indicators)

1-the outer strobes are a quad flash pattern, left then right sides flash-switched independantly of all.

2-the rear Amber halogen flashers are a slower alternating pattern, 90 flashes/minute-**swithed independantly
    Double throw switch
    2-the front Amber flashers are 90/minute and the two outer clear work lights flash at 120/minute. The 4 front and 2 rear halogen flashers are switched together.

3-the 4 front clear takedowns do not flash when selected and do not flash when the front amber lights are flashing, switched independantly
    Double throw switch
    3-the 2 rear work lights do not flash, switched independantly

4- Left Alley light
    Double throw switch
    4- Right alley light

5-aux 1 and aux 2, they were never used in my truck

6. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Can the 4 take downs work as worklights? Also looking @ a new truck to buy within the week if I get it which is 95% I will buy off of you. I willlet you know bu Monday. Thanks Jared

7. edosher

edosher Member

The "take down" lights are work lights, 35 watts each. Where in Jersey are you located, I work in Long Island City, NY and now live in Brooklyn. Thanks, Andrew

8. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

I live right off Route 80 in Rockaway, NJ

9. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

I'm purchasing an 03 f-350 dump this week end if everything goese well ill contact you monday or tuesday to buy the bar. Jared

10. edosher

edosher Member

The light bar is still for sale if anyone is interested.

11. edosher

edosher Member

Asking $500 before I run an ad in the paper,