1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

48" Amber LED Lightbar - NEW - $600

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 1stcalleo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. 1stcalleo

1stcalleo Junior Member
    from 43502

48" Amber LED Lightbar

I have two of these available due to a change of plans. They are new, never been used, mounted, etc. I paid over $800 per light. I'm asking $600 per lightbar. My loss, your gain. They shouldn't last long at this price. I prefer not to ship but I am more than willing to work with you if you are willing to pay the cost of shipping.

Manufacturer's Description of the lightbar is as follows:
    Low profile LED lightbar with halogen traffic advisor, alley and take down lights. Completely assembled with two permanent mounting brackets, control box, and cable with long connection for wiring to the batteries. Clear lens and dome offers an inconspicuous profile until you light it up. The LED lightbars have no moving parts to replace. Preprogrammed rolling flash pattern with 360 degrees of lighting. Two (2) white halogen center front take downs, left and right halogen Alley lights and six (6) amber halogen traffic advisor rolling lights with left and right side rolling flash modes. Four (4) corner amber LED's, six (6) amber acrost the front and two (2) amber LED on back. Dimensions: 48"L x 12"W x 3.5"H. Height from rooftop is 6". 12 Volts DC, 26lbs.

Thanks for looking!!!
    I'm located in Archbold, Ohio 43502

48 amber lightbar.JPG

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

What IS the manufacturer on these? Warranty since you say they are new?

Also "acrost" in not a word and should be "across". Since I assume you copied that from manufacturer's description (which is probably you) this is probably an Ebay special in which case you find used brand name light bars for around the same price as this.

3. 1stcalleo

1stcalleo Junior Member
    from 43502

Dear 496 BB,

It seems as though my ad has upset you in some way and for that I apologize and feel that I owe you a humble and honest response.

The honest truth is that I purchased these light bars from www.rbfab.com in October of 2010 during a closeout sale. I'm not 100% sure of the exact manufacturer, but RB Fabrications in Oakwood, Ohio was the distributor I purchased the light bars from.

RB Fabrications is a very respectable local business that is well-known for treating their customers with dignity and respect. I'm sure if there was a warranty issue they would be more than happy to take care of you. The only question would be what their policy would be since you weren't the original purchaser.

As far as answering your question regarding the specific manufacturer, I can with absolute certainty say I'm not the manufacturer nor is this light bar an Ebay special or I would of listed it on Ebay and not here. Most likely, I wouldn't prefer that the buyer came to my place of residency to purchase the item and know where I lived if I was trying to take advantage of someone as you seem to be implying.

My best guess is the light bars are imported since they aren't a Whelen light bar (unfortunately, most electronics are imported these days and at best they might be assembled in the USA). To the best of my knowledge, Whelen is the only US manufacturer of emergency warning equipment to still manufacture and assemble their products entirely in the United States, which in my humble opinion, makes Whelen the only true Made in the USA emergency lighting product on the market.

As far as my asking price goes, please feel free to visit RB Fabrications website www.rbfab.com to educate yourself on what they are currently selling new light bars for and you will see my asking price is a fairly good deal.

As far as my improper grammar goes, I stand corrected. You are absolutely correct, and as you say, "acrost" in not a word and should be "across". I agree "acrost" is not a word and should be "across" but unfortunately I did copy this improper grammar from the distributors description and didn't do a very good job of proofreading their description.

I would like to close with a word of advice from our forum moderator which is posted at the top of this category which reads as follows:

Please Read Before Posting in the Used Equipment Forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please keep in mind that this forum is for members who are intersted in buying and selling items. If you are not interested in an item for sale, please do not post in that thread. If you feel that the item for sale is overpriced, too far away, not worth the money, etc.,etc. then no need to hop in the thread just to post your opinion on that specific item.

We would appreciate it, thanks

Please note: Since I quoted Michael, I didn't correct his misspelling of the word "intersted" above. I assume he meant interested. Feel free to send him a rude comment as well.

I just have to ask, who peed in your snow? Best wishes making that $300 light bar you speak of so proudly in your other posts, I'm sure the warranty and craftsmanship will be far superior to what you could of purchased.

Most "professional" snow removers I know wouldn't waste their time or money with such ridiculous endeavours as to making their own light bar. I assume your profits can only allow for homemade products. I wish for abundant profits in your business so that you can afford to buy some good equipment so that your fleet would at least "look" professional which in turn would make future customers want to contract you.

Kind Regards

4. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

You have not upset me at all. Im easy going.

Ok I stand corrected. I was not angry at anything. I just thought since your only post on this website was this advertisement that this was just yet another cheap ass made product and trying to push it on someone only to make money and not stand behind it. If this is not the case , which is appears it is not now, then I can see where I came off wrong. I STILL did not see anything related to warranty as that was my main concern.

Same goes for the improper grammar. I figured since you wrote "manufacturer's description" that is was implied that you copied and pasted from their own wording meaning THEY misspelled the word therefore reiterating the fact that this was probably not a reputable company.

I can assure you my lightbar will hold up just fine when I do have time to actually make it if it happens at all. I did not want to make it because I was too cheap to buy a name brand one. I wanted to make it because I like messing with electronics and have built numerous lights out of LEDs in the past. I have learned quite a bit about LEDs over the years and have not one bit of doubt regarding my capabilities. I tell you one thing....it will be far superior to an imported light. Thanks for asking though.

I assume your profits must have only allowed for a step up from my plans since your product was not a name brand per se. My profits are none of your concern anyways. I do not have a fleet of trucks nor do I need them. This is NOT my sole source of income nor is it any of your business. I plow because I like it. I run good equipment and am professional in doing so. I hate to tell you this but just because you have a light bar does NOT make you a professional. Your how-to-plow book must of misinformed you as there are PLENTY of plowers out there that are great with no lights. BUT I bet you looked pretty good out there plowing with your blinky lights and your fleet of trucks.

And since I was asking questions that were relevant to your product you were selling I would assume I was well within reason on the posting rules in here.

Again I am sorry for any confusions I might have caused.

Happy selling!