1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

47° This morning.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well, it is 47° here in NJ at the moment. Hopefully this will help us to get some signed contracts back. This is the first morning that it feels cold. It usually helps get a few back. Especially with a follow up mailing.

~Chuck

2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

It's 37 here in Ohio

And I just got a call this morning to renew a very large old account with no questions asked :waving: . Never gave it a thought as to it being cold but who knows ;) . I guess I'm lucky as I only have 1 account that has not renewed yet but should as I've done it for the last 15 years.

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

36 degrees here in Fishkill

Hopefully your'e right Chuck and we can pick up the slow pokes who are dragging their feet on making a decision. :D

4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

38 degrees out for us this AM. Had to run back inside and put on a coat for the first time since early last spring.:)

5. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

41 overnight here in the Pittsburgh region. There was a frost advisory last night though, forecast low of 35, but as usual it seems they weren't quite on the money.

Chuck, how do you make that little " ° " degrees symbol?? I don't see any such thing on my keyboard.

6. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

42° just outside Philadelphia this morning. I already got a call from one the banks we do telling me that the contract was being mailed out today. I also got a call last night from our salt supplier with price quotes (prices went down from last year).

John

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Ya think salt prices went down cause the distributers have such a stock pile of old stock from last Winter if u want to call it a winter. Trying to get rid of it cheaper so they can bring in fresh stock???

Jay

8. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Had 60 tons of salt delivered today, 35 this morning.

Geoff

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Weatherbug just now chirped with a freeze/frost warning for tonight. It would be nice if the ground got frozen before the first snow. I doubt we'll be that lucky, though.

10. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

It got down to 35 with a frost warning last week in the Iowa/Illinois area However, it is supposed to be in the high 70's again later this week. Mother nature is playing with us. Good side though, more time for yard cleanups.

11. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Got down to 39 here.... Colder in some spots...

I had a smile on my face all night long thinking about the months to come.

12. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Digger, (and anyone else)... To make the degree symbol, you use ASCII (ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange).

The degree symbol ° is simple, as are the others...

Hold down the "Alt" key on your keyboard, and while holding it down, type 0176 on you number keypad, then let up the Alt key.

There is a whole bunch of symbols using the Alt key...

Alt 176 = °
    Alt 0174 = ®
    Alt 0169 = ©
    Alt 0222 = Þ (which can be used for :Þ )
    Alt 0254 = þ (which can also be used for :þ )
    Alt 0444 = ¼

There's a couple of hundred symbols...

~Chuck

13. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

We had 37 around 6:30 am this morning. Temperature this evening is dropping fast too. Gets your blood flowing when it start getting cold.

14. Mick

from Maine

One small correction to Chuck's post - Alt 0176 = °

Chuck, can you help with this: My wife wants to know what the one is for the heart. I got it once but can't remember what it was.:(

15. Mick

from Maine

Figured it out - Alt 55555 = ¢¾

Well, it was a heart on Microsoft Works.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2002
  16. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Mick, i dont know if this helps or not, but i have AOL, and if i go to the start button, all programs, then to accessories, then system tools, then character map and click that, you will see another little screen pop up, click the down arrow for fonts and choose the SYMBOL font, then the chart changes and in that chart, you will see all sorts of symbols you can make using the ALT key and the heart is one of them along with spades, clovers and diamonds too. The heart one is 17 rows to the right, 7 rows down if your computer is like mine. Im not positive u have to have AOL to do what im saying, maybe just the same windows version, i have windows xp. Mike

17. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Thanks, everybody.

I think I'll be able to remember d-e-g-r-e-e-s..... :)

18. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

wow u guys just taught a polish guy a whole buncha stuff i am finally figurin out that character map.°°°°

Jay

19. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

right now it is 45░, a few slowpokes still, sent out a few late bids today, all is good here.

~Nate~ payup

20. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

It's 44 outside right now, can't wait for snow. I wonder if we'll get any this year:confused: