1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

460 for Diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SCL, Apr 15, 2001.

1. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Okay hang with me here. 88 F350 A/T tired 460. Thinking about replacing the engine and that diesel sounds awfully good. Anybody ever swap the gas for a diesel and do they mate the A/T with the the diesel? If you have tell me what you think, it could be the difference betwwen an engine or a different truck.
    Scott

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

If the truck is getting tired too,dont waste your time or money,unless you got a donor diesel truck for cheap sitting around.This swap will be involved and expensive,if you are not qualified to do all the work yourself-forget it,if you are Id still consider selling it,and buying a diesel truck,there are plenty of Ford diesels out there for sale,and the potential problems will be less this way.

3. 6.9Driver

6.9Driver Junior Member

Go to http://www.ford-diesel.com. Similar site to this. It will answer all your questions. Register and post in General Diesel Forum. :) My name is UApilot over there.