1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

45RFE Deep pan

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Alaska Tim, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Has anyone ever changed thier tranny pan out to a deeper pan. ??
    Curious if it made any difference. I bought one & had it ported out w/ a temp a sensor. Hopefully it will save the life of the tranny. Just wondering..:drinkup:

2. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

45RFE Deep pan-2

If anybody is interested, PML Inc. makes a deeper pan which holds about 3 qts.of more of fluid. I think it'll extend the life of the tranny, especially w/ all the abuse we put them through plowing. Go to www.yourcovers.com
    Happy Plowing !! This season is over. payup See ya all this fall !!!:waving:

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

it makes a huge difference in the fluid temp. 3 qts is abit large, 2 qt is a good size- remember a deeper pan sticks down lower under the truck and is alot more suceptible to damage.

The 47series is an A518, which is a decendant of the old 727 and will use the same pan, so there are lots of makers out there, not sure about the 45 tho, I think that's a Durango tranny (possibly a 1500 gasser....?)

4. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

UR right

I did install the new pan, I'm real happy w/ it. I think it will make a huge difference, of course I don't think I really needed it, but oh well. Doubt I'll ever even see it bobble the gauge w/ the tranny cooler & all. And its not any lower than the x-member either, safe there. Good luck plowing. Getting anxious here.payup