1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MnM, Feb 5, 2007.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

thinking of getting a new 4500 w/10' utility body. Most likely will be a 2wd I dont think I will need the 4 wheel or DO I??? I was thinking of putting a blizzard 8611 on the front. Was wondering how everyone thought this would push. I could either put alot of weight in the back or put a vbox in or something of the sort. I mainly wanted to know what everyone thought of this truck as a plower. Thanks

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

you mine as well get the 4wd, if you don't, there'll be that one time that you wish you had it, if you do get it, and don't need to use it, then there is the peace of mind that you do have it

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

On totally flat ground it should do alright. If there is any hills, loading docks, etc I would want 4wd. That is going to be a lot of weight on that front axle to push around.

4. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

get the 4x4 just dont put pizza cutter tires on the front