1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4500 Sidewalk Rig?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ohiogreenworks, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

We are using the 4500 as the main sidewalk rig this year. Might be a little unconventional, but with the sidelift it works great! Picked it up at a great deal and pieced it all together. Couple days of some fab work (no pics sorry) and here she is! Works great and I can't wait to use it this spring for landscaping. Put the 2 skids of salt for ballast and to use, so far it works awesome! Let me know what ya think! Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  2. ohiogreenworks

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Cool set up
  4. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

That's awesome. We use box trucks for our side walk crews so every thing stays dry. But we don't have lift gates. Only ramps. Good luck with the setup.
  5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Looking good!

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

never seen a side lift like that before, very good idea and it beats ramps and is a lot easier
  7. ohiogreenworks

Thanks, I would like to be able to have everything inside (box van etc) but right now this will have to work. I love it so far I keep finding reasons to use the lift :p
  8. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

theres always putting a trap over the dump box :nod: of coarse that might not give you a lot of head room...
  9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

looks great! I think you should build a "leaf box" on it and use a canvas tarp to cover, then add two plastic tarps on it and its enclosed; keeping snow/ice/rain out of it!!

custom tarp leaf truck.jpg
  10. ohiogreenworks

Not a bad idea at all! We will build some kind of box for leaf season next year for it. This year I think I'll deal with everything being exposed. We also have been taking everything in and out depending on the weather so an enclosure would be one more thing to take out.
  11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

or just keep the enclosed on and everything inside....just a thought.
  12. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

where did you get the hoopes ice melt at? Thats what we use lol
  13. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Very nice Ohio. Glad all is going good for you. :waving:
  14. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Looks good. Glad all is working out for ya this year
  15. ohiogreenworks

Thanks guys, looks like you guys are having a decent winter so far! payup

jrs, we got it from leisure lawn down here in dayton. We had been using quad release and decided to try this stuff. It was about 2 bucks a bag cheaper too. Works pretty dam well and spreads lots better than quad. You guys use it a lot? How do you like it?
  16. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

thats sweet, how much for a pallet of that de icer?
  17. ohiogreenworks

Got it for 280 a pallet. 40 bags per pallet. Seems to work well, spreads very well. It is like small rock salt, no flake or anything to clog up the spreader.
  18. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Seems like a cool setup!
    If thats your sidewalk truck i can only imagine what your regular plow truck look like!
    my buddy has a Kodiak and its BA
  19. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Yes we have been threw 5 pallets this years we love it! I buy it straight from the manufacturer
  20. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

looks $$$$ for what you do with it but nice!