1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

45" MTD Yardman blower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mitragorz, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

Anyone have any experience with one of these? An account I picked up has 60" sidewalks, and large swaths of open concrete by the doors, so I was looking at machines larger than the 27" machine I have now.

Are they any good or are they just cool to look at? Looks very similar to Cub Cadet's 45" machine, with the 4 tires and all.

The guy's asking $600 for it. "Almost new" he says.

2. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 Senior Member

I bought one to try on a property with a 1/2 mile or curvy walks that a gator or quad was useless on due to the tight curves and turns. They are big bulky and heavy and PITA... Constantly seemed to break shear pins in the auger etc... Thought it could be the cats azz but couple passes with Toro single stages almost seemed quicker...just my 2 cents..

3. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I read that about the shear pins, I think I saw it on lawnsite. From what I gathered, the internals are the same as their smaller models.

I guess I'll be looking at something in the low 30" range. It's cool to look at, though!