1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

400 ranger side slip

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by bob ny, Dec 2, 2012.

1. bob ny

bob ny Junior Member

I have a 400 ranger with snow plow that works ok with one problem . When I angle the plow and push snow the rear end of the ranger goes sideways. I have extra 200 lbs in the dump body now .Are there special tires that I should buy?If so what thread should i buy ?
  2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

i run itp mud lites
    you must think about all you use the ranger for around the house/farm etc
    i would rec-amend itp mudlites by far an awesome mud and snow tire
    do some research online about tires many of them say m/s which mud and snow
  3. the_experience

the_experience Member

I can't recommend chains enough. A good set of 2 link v-bar chains combined with maybe a little more ballast will make a big difference.
  4. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

Cant go wrong with adding some more weight either the_experience is correct also make sure it is as far backas possible
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

What year is it
    Is the front end staying lock in You may want look at the hubs make sure they have oil If they have no oil they dont work right

I run Duro Power Grip on my ranger This yr put set on my Sportsman
  6. bob ny

bob ny Junior Member

My ranger is a 2011 400 with 26 hours and freshly back from the dealers 25 hour check .
    mechanically it is sound .I am looking for two pieces of 1/2 in of steel diamond plate to fit in the bottom of the dump so i do not loose any space and i will look into tires. my driveway is 1/2 mile long plus turn around and parking/ I had a Suzuki side kick for 11 years until the frame rusted out and it lengthened out the wheel base.thanks for the responces bob w.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Chains and weight make any plow vehicle better. The plate is great idea. Do you have any pics of the stretched Sidekick?
  8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Say one way I seen a guy do this He took 2 5 gal buckets with concrete and took 2'' sq tube of steel and mount to the hitch
    He kinda built a little hitch hauler for his ranger
    What I did on a Big Bear once I injected the tires with antifreeze
    With my Sportsman I found out when I struted the rear end it doesnt slip and slide sideways as bad holds its ground better
  9. bob ny

bob ny Junior Member

The stretched wheel base was an attempt at humor. I parted the sidekick out and saved the plow ,lights and tires (went on wifes car for winter .THANK YOU bob w.