1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

40' Load Max tri axle gooseneck 2006

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by IC-Smoke, Aug 21, 2011.

1. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

2006 35+5 Load Max Tri axle gooseneck trailer. I bought this from the original owner/purchaser who used it for his masonry business that didnt take off. He says it has less than 5K miles on it. The tires show this! The spare tire still has the nubs on it. Decking is in great shape and the rub rails are nice and straight! Typical rust from use and sitting out in the sun but other than that is in great shape! The wiring harness from the trailer to the truck has a few nicks and repairs but nothing that effects the wiring. Ill throw in a chunk of wiring for the buyer! 3 flip over ramps on a self cleaning dovetail. Enclosed toolbox up front with expanded metal bottom. Dual jacks.

I would keep the trailer but its about 10' too long for me and I cant get it in the barn so I'm selling it.

Its by the road for $7500 obo

Thanks
    Ian

Photos:
    LOADMAX pictures by IRColeman - Photobucket

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

My dad just bought a 25 footer exactly like this. They're great trailers and very heavy built. Free bump for ya.

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Recently sold mine that was the same size just had 2 gates instead of 3. Good price, someone will get a good deal

4. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks guys! I had it sitting by 127 for the race traffic today. no calls yet.... but its day one.

This is a nice trailer and low mile unit!! I would hold onto it but dang its too long for me! I would have to add 15' to the barn where I keep the GN trailer!

5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

7000 will take it home

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

$6700 anyone?

7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Im looking for something like this to haul loads of hay/straw. Have you ever, or would you know how many normal 45-55lb bales might fit on a trailer this size, stacking maybe 4-5 high?

8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I dont have a clue but a lot would fit!!

9. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

All depends how you stack it. You could make some racks and attach it form the side rails. The rear 8 ft pitch you couldnt go 5 high, the angle would end up to steep. Unless you tied them down good

10. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

we stack our trailers 7 high. A 30 foot gooseneck with a homemade 2 foot tail will haul 350 bales when 7 high, we have gone 8 high before, thats 400 bales. It comes out to 50 bales per layer when stacked in 10's from the bale accumulator, you stagger the stacks as you go back and up. works well and holds well. On the 30 foot trailer we only run 5 straps.

Heres a pic of a 24 foot customers trailer on my truck from this year. You can see how they are staggered, and on the top row, we put the outside ones flat, and the inside three on edge.

So a 40 foot trailer would probably be about 60 bales per layer, so if you want to go 5 high, then that would be approx. 300 bales.
    As for the dovetail, slide the outside ramps out as far as they go and center up the 3rd one, throw a 4x8 sheet of plywood on it with a small ratchet strap and your good.

I hope this answers your questions about the bales, if your wondering any more about putting bales on trailers let me know, we bale almost 500 acres of rye, we fill the barn back at the home farm, the rest goes on trailers or pallets. so we have gotten really good at stacking trailers. We have stacked 53 foot drop deck semi trailers 9 high, so 5 is not a problem.

DSC00890.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  11. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

sold sold sold!!

12. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

funny i seen this on craigslist today and though it was a decent deal!

13. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the info on stacking it helps alot