1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4-yd saltdogg elec spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by hardballer, Feb 17, 2010.

1. hardballer

hardballer Junior Member
    from VA

Any body using one and is any body having problems with it? We have a 2-yd and never have any problems. We bought a 4-yd to put in a dump truck and cannot get the material to empty from the front half of the spreader. The baffle is as high as it will go and we try to run the vibes as little as possible but it seems like it needs vibes for the front as well. Almost like the rear vibes aren't enough to agitate the front of the spreader, just packs it down.

2. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

is this the poly or the stainless steel? i have a 1.8 yd stainless salt dogg and have not had any probs. but with our snow ex poly spreaders we have had a ton of similar problems. with the poly if the salt is to small (dust) it wont flow even with the vibs. and if the salt is wet at all it wont flow. we changed salt supplier this year and had these problems. but the electric salt dogg stainless does not even have a vib on it and it does not have any problems.

3. hardballer

hardballer Junior Member
    from VA

Its the poly model. Our 2-yards never have a problem. I wonder if i put a vibrator or 2 in the front if it would help the issue? Maybe remove the baffle. That might be to much weight for the auger to handle though.

4. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

yeah for a couple hundred bucks you might save a lot of headache by adding a couple vibs to the front. that is what i would try first.

5. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

please do keep us updated - im looking to add a 4-5 yd unit soon and was looking at this unit...