1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 wheeler question?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by baddboygeorge, Aug 24, 2008.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

Whats the best plow & spreader for sidewalks that you can get for a Honda rancher 4 wheeler?? Please give me some suggestions , Thanks George

2. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

For plows I would look at Moose or Cycle Country. I have an Arctic Cat with the Poly mold board and hate it, too light. Neighbors have Moose and CC, solid reasonably heavy blades built like they should be.

3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I second the vote for the Cycle Country. I have one on my Foreman 500 and it pushes through snow with no problems.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I made my own plow out of a farmall blade. I paid $20 for the blade and about $20-40 for everything else. My quad came with the bottom plate for a cycle country so I adapted it for it. and then I put 2 little things in the front so the front didnt sway back and forth. here is a link to it.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=57659&highlight=atv+farmall+plow

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

For Side walks, I would think the Cycle Country V blade they have would work great,

set it /\ and just push and go with a strait blade at angle your alway's getting worked off to 1 side or the other.

Though the Moose blade has 5 postion angle and the Cycyle country Blades only angle 3 way's

so there is that aspect and the Cycle Country V blade is $$$ all on its own, but if your doing lots of Sidewalks with it I would think the V is the way to go.

sublime out.

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I like my cycle country and I think moose plows are pretty good. IMO I don't have a spreader-might get one this year though, maybe from northern tool I don't know yet

7. ATVGUY

ATVGUY Junior Member
    from central

Plow choices

If you want a dirt cheap plow and spreader go check out these guys... www.weekend-warrior.com.

If you want the best go check out www.cyclecountry.com. They have a lifetime warranty on the blade, teflon paint (snow won't stick) and are the orginal inventors of the ATV plow.

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We have two Cycle Country Highway plows here at work, and I also have one for my own personal ATV that gets stored at my lake property, the guys that use them here have never complained, and I use mine strictly off road and have no complaints

9. hoffer345

hoffer345 Junior Member

I have a Arctic Cat ATV and I am having a problem with something. I am in need of a safety/ harard light on the ATV for snowplowing. I have one now but it draws way to much for the ATV. What I have running while snowplowing on the ATV is a winch(for the plow), a salter and the headlight. When I add the safety light the battery dies in no time. I can't even use winch and salter together, I have to use them separate. I have tried putting the biggest battery they make for the ATV, but it still does the samething. Does anybody have any suggestion?
    Thanks for all your help.

10. pby98

pby98 Member

i bought an old john deere plow and converted it to fit my rancher 50 bucks later i had a snowplow