1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 Wheel Drive fuse keeps blowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by WeDoSnowplowing, Nov 16, 2009.

1. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

So far my problem been with the Four Wheel Drive Actuator. Does any one else have the same problem. Water getting in & shorting it out. Here is a picture of what i am talking about. If there is a Thread on this I am Sorry & can not find yet. I am new to this site. IS there any other problems I need keep an eye out for? Besides this.

8.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'm guessing you have an an obs body style chevy or gmc? Have you tried just replacing the actuator? If water is getting into it there is definitely something wrong with it

3. chp

chp Junior Member

Check to make sure that the rubber grommet is in the plug body and, applt some dielectric grease to the plug on both sides

4. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Thank You. Been replacing them like every 3 to 5 years. Put on like 15,000 to 40,000 miles a year on the truck.

5. chp

chp Junior Member

That is about the norm for the old style actuator,there is a new electronic unit out that engages alot quicker that the thermal style actuator. I can come up with the PN. if you can wait till tomorrow. I think it runs about 130.00 with the required harness