1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 Western Pro Flo 2 tailgate salters

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 6feetdeep, Feb 15, 2012.

1. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

I have 4 used Western Pro Flo 2 tailgate salters for sale. I picked them up at a local auction, they were part of a fleet of equipment being sold. They come with 'under bed' mounts (salter side only, I DO NOT have the truck side of the mounts). I also have 5 more of the salter side under bed mounts.
    I have not checked them out to see if they work yet, I do know that two of them are missing the spinner guards and none of them have controllers. I guess I should list them as 'parts units' for sale cheap (Come look at them and make me an offer). New, I find them listed for between $3100-3900. The gear boxes alone list for over $800.00. I will sell them for much less, but like I said, I havent even had time to check them over to see if anything or everything work on them.
    If anyone is interested, I can post some pics tomorrow afternoon.
    I'd like to get them sold asap, they didn't look as big at the sale and now they are taking up quite a bit of room in my driveway!!
    Come make me an offer!!

2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

3. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

Interested...location..price?

4. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Very interested!! Pics please! price?

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

He's in New York

6. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Sorry for the delay in getting back and putting up some pics. I had a little time this afternoon to finally check these beasts out, heres what I found:
    #1. Everything works good, motor turns, gearbox works, belt and spinner work good, brake light works. Might need an idler pulley for belt tension on the belt that runs the gearbox. Includes a hopper cover.
    #2. Everything works good, but the metal spinner guard is missing. Everything else is intact and seems to work fine. No hopper cover.
    #3. Motor works fine, gearbox input shaft turns fine. Not sure if output shaft is turning, but belt is NOT moving. Also is missing the metal spinner guard. brake light works fine. No hopper cover.
    #4. Motor works fine, gearbox is NOT working. spinner spins fine, not sure if belt works, as gearbox doesnt move. brake light works. has a hopper cover. All else seems fine.

All of these come with just the salter-side of the 'under bed' style mounts. None come with controllers.

I can pallet two per pallet if anyone wants them shipped, and I can load with my skid steer. You arrange a truck to come get them. Look at the Western plows site for weights, make sure you include the weight of the mounts.

I would like to get $1500.00 or best offer for all 4. I am listing them locally on Craigslist, also.

I CANT GET PICS TO UPLOAD!!! So, if you want to see pics, please look at Craigslist, Syracuse, NY. Listed under Auto parts for sale, 02-17-2012. Thanks!!

7. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Adding to my above post: If it is cheaper for a truck to pick up at a commercial loading dock, I can load at my local power equipment dealership, just off the highway (Interstate route 81).