1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 wd not engaging

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by arkmanalso, Mar 15, 2006.

1. arkmanalso

arkmanalso Junior Member
    from Texas

:realmad: I have an 1989 k 1500 w/350 v8, 350Th auto transmission 4 WD indicator does not come on and front end does not engage, fuse is good. I have had this truck for over 10 years and this just happened about a month ago and I have not been able to find the problem.

2. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

my money is on the actuator in the front diff. save yourself a headache later and get the posi-lok kit. 1-2 hour install and peace of mind forever. http://4x4posi-lok.com/

3. Chevman

Chevman Junior Member
    from NE PA

Get a buddy to lay down under the front and see if he hears the actuator working when you pull it in 4 wheel, if not replace it, if he can hear it run then take it out and stick a nice size screw driver in the hole and work it until it moves back and forth, my actuator was good put the dang thing was stuck and would not engage all the way in,:gunsfiring: