1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4/WD issues

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Oct 30, 2007.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I found out what was wrong with my tractor with the 4/wd slipping. The ring gear is SHOT!!! I have a few pics. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that I can purchase parts for a kubota. I am going to call local dealer tomarrow. Any help would be nice. THANKS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Post a picture of the Pinion gear as well.

I can't quite tell enough to say what went wrong there, gear mesh might not have been deep enough.....

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I know the ring gear is shot I have to get a new one. and the bearing that surround the pinion gear need to be changed. But here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

there is a very large tractor salvage yard here in town if they have it i'll be glad to go over and get it for you and ship it to you the tel# is COOK TRACTOR CO.660-885-2207 i go by there at least once a day, they probably have at least 100ac of junk at this local and they have another place in IL or IA somewhere

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Thanks for the offer. I called them. They called me back. They don't have the part. THANKS THO!!

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Changed the ring and pinion. Works like a dream! Now all I have to do is deal with the glow plug that doesnt seem to be working.

7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

glad to hear it's back up and runnin!:redbounce

is the glo-plug's gettin power it could just be the solinoid. or maybe the switch?

8. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

The glow plugs should be easy compared to tearing the front end off of the tractor. I am glad to hear you are getting it all fixed up!!! I think you are going to have a really nice machine when you are all done!!! Keep use posted, Good luck!!!

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Well I heard the light for the glow plug completes the circuit. But the thing is I can't get the cover off the light to see if bulb is dead. I am gonna do a little more work on it this weekend. Once all the mechanics are fixed I am going to weld the back fenders where they are cut. straighten the hood. And paint it.