1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 Way Solenoid Valve

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Antlerart06, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well I'm looking for a 4 way or a 3 way solenoid valve To put on my new plow to run my wings.

Sent email asking a company and they couldn't answer. Told me to call Monday and talk to a tech.

I found this one Skinner Parker 4 Way Solenoid Valve V933DX19 120/60

Wasn't sure if would work or can you point me to one that will work

I want to control left and right angle. Then each wing

I have the rams that will work.

!B6s7rU!BWk~$(KGrHqZ,!iYEydsSlI-WBMyT,8KMQg~~-1_12.jpg

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Does that 120/60 stand for 120 volt 60 hertz? Or is that a 12volt valve?

sorry I can't point you in the direction of a valve, but that 120/60 has me thinking that one won't work for you.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What are you using to operate plow now? Central hydraulics or or standard electric/hydraulic pump? The valve you posted is pressure rated to 50psi, not near enough for what you wish to do.

4. Antlerart06

its a 12v I am not sure what it is

5. Antlerart06

ok Im going run it on my new 2012 Gehl 5240 mounting it on my new pro tech plow to control the wings

6. kimber750

Would look at D03 or D05 solenoid valves. Working pressure rating between 4500-5000psi. Can also handle 23gpm.

7. Antlerart06

ok thanks I wasn't sure That was the first one pop up when I google it

8. Antlerart06

Hydraulic solenoid valve D05 footprint. 5000 psi working pressure. 27 gpm maximum flow rate. 4 way, 3 position with all float motor spool (A & B open to tank with P blocked) center position. 12 volt DC voltage with LED indicator lights and DIN connectors. Includes bolt kit.

Found this one on Ebay but will this run my plow way I want it to

I don't understand the 3 position part Then the word float.
    Way I read it I need find a 4 way with 4 position or will the 3 position work

9. Antlerart06

After looking more I found this on that doesn't have the Float word in it

Hydraulic solenoid valve D05 footprint. 5000 psi working pressure. 27 gpm maximum flow rate. 4 way, 3 position with all ports closed in the center position. 12 volt DC voltage with LED indicator lights and wiring box. Includes bolt kit.

10. kimber750

I am guessing you want to operate each wing individually.

Now I am no hydraulic expert but my understanding is a 3 position will have to work ports and a flow thru port per spool. Pretty much up-thru-down allowing other hydraulic action to take place while this spool is being activated. Example moving both wings at once. I can double check with a buddy who has a hydraulic shop. I may be 100% wrong, I just know the first valve posted will never work with such a low pressure rating, 3/16 work port and 1/16 exhaust ports.

Edit. http://www.fostermfgcorp.com/page/circuits/custom_circuits.htm

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  11. Antlerart06

I still have time to look and learn. I never mess with a Electric ones before

I'll call Monday ask about the D05 The last one I posted I'm thinking is what I need. I'll know more come Monday

Thanks on the help