1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 way angler-controller for outside-mntd...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by uglytruk, Mar 5, 2007.

1. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

...whatever it's called?
    I just bought an '84 3/4 ton Chev, and it's got the hydraulic controller above the bumper, with pull-push knobbies.
    Is there a 4 way joystick with long cables out there. This thing is a pain to angle. My "new" (hah!) Fisher has a black 4 way joystick. Much easier! Or do I have to move the hydro-port thingy under the hood?
    Pix to follow...

2. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Could you post a couple of photo's that way we would know what your talking about! This should be a valve body that two cables hook -up to on the inner fender of the drivers side--or it has another set up--Do you have a single lift piston or does it have an electric motor at the lift piston? The more info we have the more help we can give hopefully!

3. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

I'ze baaad... Forgot to take pix, and temp dropped big time this aft. Truk's parked next door, too cold to mozey on over, sheesh... :gunsfiring:
    This is a hydrawlic set-up. Push-pull handles are screwed thru the dash. My "newer" Fisher has a 4way joystik that bolts under the dash, but the hydro part is under the hood. Older "push-pull" is ahead of the bumper, exposed to the elements... :eek:

3 3 07  Ern Caffe Lena   Wire Crimper 012 (Medium).jpg

3 3 07  Ern Caffe Lena   Wire Crimper 014 (Medium).jpg

4. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

i like the tits hot sauce...catchy name and even better label

5. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

'cuse me... Isn't this a site for Teeruks?
    Stop looking up my g-friends' tshirt... :gunsfiring:

CIMG5805 (Medium).JPG

CIMG5957 (Medium).JPG

7 05 06 Body Mnts asss truks 006 (Medium).jpg

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

WTF happened to this thread!! HAHAHAHA

7. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

Late night dreamin... and snackin'...

Back to work...
    Here's the joystick from my 1/2 ton, 3/4's in the woods... anybody have pix of one, plunk it here, before I go lookin' for more ... u know what... :eek:

3 6 07   Fisher Joystik 003 (Medium).jpg

3 6 07   Fisher Joystik 004 (Medium).jpg

3 6 07   Fisher Joystik 005 (Medium).jpg

8. douglasl330

Well what you have there is my favorite Fisher system of all -time on your 1/2 ton!! Lucky you ! Very simple to work on! Your other system should be similar? If not --like before(pics makes things easy) Your stating the vavle body is in the grill (above bumper)? I can't remember a setup like that!-- Not to say fisher didn't make one! --- It has two T-handles--Crome? Say lift /angle ? If so I do remember early 70's like that! Any Old-timers out there? I cant remember where the vavlebody was mounted on that set-up --- been 30 years since I seen that syle (twin controls).

9. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

Yuppers! The valve-body is bolted to the lift-frame. Will go out to the country soon and get some pix. It's obviously from the seventies, but never dies!
    My 4 way joystick works gr8, but the push-pull sucks. It's a truck I just bought for $200, the fellow whom had just bought it for $700 couldn't be bothered to fix two leaky tire valves, rusted frost plug, loose clutch switch, etc. It runs fine,he just had just no patience... :sleeping:

10. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

Here's the 3/4 ton, only pix yet...

2 21 07  85  Plow Truck Bucks 013 (Medium).jpg

2 21 07  85  Plow Truck Bucks 011 (Medium) (Medium).jpg

11. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

You need a Fisher conversion kit part # A4918 T Handle to SLC under hood control. GOOD LUCK finding one as they have been discontinued since the early 90's
    Nice photo's of getting stuck. Have you been driving long?

12. douglasl330

He wasn't stuck--He was just pulling the bobcat out of a ditch! :redbounce purplebou :bluebounc :yow!: It's all in how you see it!

13. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

Ya see, Ossiferr...

I was actually working at a friends shop 'till 10PM, tired :sleeping: , too impatient to wait for the traffic to clear, and drove over the snow covering the... well, pix speak 1000 lies... :dizzy:

14. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

So is the imp to find A4918 just longer cables? to control the frame mount pressure valve? Or does it move the valve where it belongs, under the hood... So it's just like the set-up I have now...
    As far as imp to find, I also have a few Corvairs... LOL... :nod:
    BEFORE- AFTER...

9 2 06 Totalled 64  Conrad 729 BH 020 (Small).jpg

9 2 06 Totalled 64  Conrad 729 BH 016 (Medium).jpg

15. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Just buy a valve set with cabes and joystick off ebay. I see them all the time for like $50. Then just run longer hoses from the valve in the engine compartment to the plow.

16. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

Good time of year to shop, end of season... watching several... Tanks...

2 23 07  Wally Wld Vid Kids 001 (Medium).jpg

17. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

So I bought a knobby and short cables... But is the control valve the same??? Or almost? Just needs a little modification??? :dizzy:

Breakage from Valentines Day snow storm. Thank goodness for welder...

2 14 07  Broken Plow Welded 001 (Medium).jpg

2 14 07  Broken Plow Welded 002 (Medium).jpg

2 14 07  Broken Plow Welded 009 (Medium).jpg

2 14 07  Broken Plow Welded 003.jpg

2 14 07  Broken Plow Welded 007 (Medium).jpg

18. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

OK, here's the pix of "outside" control valve...

It's somewhat different than the fender mounted unit on my "newer" 1/2 ton...

3 18 07  Old  Fisher Plow  Starter  Vids 008 (Large) (Medium).jpg

3 18 07  Old  Fisher Plow  Starter  Vids 012 (Large) (Large) (Large) (Medium).jpg

19. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

Uploader's a little frail this AM...

Try smaller pix...
    Yup, likes 'em a lot smaller than 90 odd KB... :alien:

3 18 07  Old  Fisher Plow  Starter  Vids 013 (Small).jpg

3 18 07  Old  Fisher Plow  Starter  Vids 011 (Small) (2).jpg

3 18 07  Old  Fisher Plow  Starter  Vids 026 (Large) (Medium) (Small).jpg

3 18 07  Old  Fisher Plow  Starter  Vids 028 (Large) (Medium).jpg