1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4" to 8" in INDY

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Indy, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Thursday and Friday are looking like a plow event !!!purplebou:redbounce:bluebounc

It feels like Christmas!!

2. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

My fingers are crossed for you. They are calling for 2"-4" for us in the southern part of the state.

3. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

Saddle up boys

yep northern central Indiana here; looking like were in the 7" path. let it snow, let it snow, let it snowpayup

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

hope it snows for you guys. We may get some sleet and a little snow on friday here in cleveland, but we are always supposed to get something and it just spits out an inch and then stop and spits out another inch 24 hours later. Did this for 4 days straight. Well let it snow....

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Just a few weeks back i thought cleveland go a good lake effect event?:confused:

6. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

Calling for 2-4" here in chicagoland

7. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

The weather guy on one of our local channels here in Indy actually said "6"-8" of snow, possibly more, possibly less!" Guess he pretty much covered his ars on that one! I wish I had a job where I could give a 50/50 guesstimate and get paid a lot of money whether I'm right or wrong!

Lets just hope we get what they say!

8. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

Our local channel just said 6-12" here. Although I would rather have the 4 1" days than just 1 huge event.

9. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Its about damn time!

10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yesterday the weather men said it's supposed to snow 2-4", but I think they may have changed their forcast! You just can't ever trust anything they say. :rolleyes:

11. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Guess he pretty much covered his ars on that one! I wish I had a job where I could give a 50/50 guesstimate and get paid a lot of money whether I'm right or wrong!

Scott that is funny, being right 50/50 only fifty percent of the time at my job would get me fired, not on TV as an expert:dizzy:

What area do you plow?

Do you need any sub help? Just mak'n sure I am busy.

You know anybody a 7's downtown?

12. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping Member

you got 2 be excited, i'm on the western side of il, they only calling for 2 inches b nice if it tracked just a little more west:redbounce

13. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

8" Plus

THE NEW FORECAST PUT MY AREA IN THE 8" PLUS RANGE. STORM WARNING STARTING 10PM THURSDAY THRU 4PM FRIDAY. HEAVY WET SNOWpayup

14. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

We plow the southside and a few downtown. As of right now, help wise, I think we are fine. We have 9 trucks running, as long as everyone shows up. There are 3 of us that are firefighters, so as long as everyone can get off, we should be fine. I don't think I know anyone at 7's, but we've lost a few guys to Indy so who knows where they are at. Good luck, lets pray for some snow.

15. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Could you send 2" up to MN? Come on, I'm not asking for much :D

16. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

As of 1am in Kokomo it appears to have possibly just started snowing...

17. Indy

Indy Senior Member

3:00 am Friday
    Greenwood 15 south of Indy
    1/4 inch of frozen rain
    Flurries of and on
    No accum'd snow yet

18. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

5:00am Kokomo, right around 3" of heavy wet stuff.

19. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

Well just came in and ate supper. I started at 2:00AM. 8" up north. Checking email and getting ready to go out and clean up all the commercial.

20. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Great, 8" would be a blast, South we got ice, so we did some salting and waiting for the next one

Talk to ya on the next one