1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4" surprise this morning

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by veggin psd, Feb 18, 2008.

1. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Ever have that bad dream that you wake up to accumulating snow you didn't expect?

Well thats how my morning started. The miniature French bulldog decided she wanted to answer natures call at 4am. Good thing too. There was 4 plus inches of snow already on the ground!:eek: Thankfully the plow was still on the truck as well as the spreader. So get it loaded quick and off I go!prsportprsport

The forecast called for occasional light flurries........Damn Meteorologists!:gunsfiring:
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

My internal clock has someway of detecting snow. LOL
  3. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I never knew a miniature French bulldog could be so useful.
  4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

First time this year I had the opposite. Got up to go plow. Drove into town to look around and just a dusting. They called for 1-3, but I think it all blew away.
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A similar thing happened like that here a few weeks ago only it was at night. We were supposed to get a dusting and got 4-5" in about 3 hours.

The other day we were supposed to get 6-12" and ended up getting about 2cm worth.:angry:
  6. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Happened to me too

Got up thinking we were to get 2-3 inches of snow, looked out the window, nothing, but there was ice like crazy. I saw the newspaper lady slide passed my house. Taught me, you can not just cool out the window, actually have to go outside and see what happend.
  7. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

Had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago.... called for 1-3" overnight, and @ 3am there was over a foot of snow on the ground!