1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 port module differences white yellow green??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Im-not-guilty, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Im-not-guilty

Im-not-guilty Junior Member
    from Maine

Probably been asked before ?
    I did a search and could not find it though
    I know what the module correct application are
    White yellow green ...
    But what's the actual differences ...
    Has any one tried it on the wrong application and what were the results ??
    Example. Green 4 port on a 2002 gm
    Or a white 4 port on a 2003 gm
    Yellow on a 2003 gm ?
    What happens

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

It has to do with the DRL's, the white module is non DRL vehicle, the yellow was first made for the 1999 up GM DRL vehicles, Fisher (or Douglas Dynamics) then came up with the green DRL module. I don't know if this was specific for GM changing back and forth from positive common to negative common systems in their trucks. You can use the DRL modules (yellow and green) in any truck but I ran into problems trying to use the white label in a DRL vehicle, even without taping into the DRL circuit. I have read post saying the white will work in a DRL GM but you just won't have the DRL operation. DRL= Daytime running lights.