1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 port iso help..how to override headlight on?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dissociative, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

ok...so i have hid's in the truck...and they act stupid on the iso box....flickering

so i am NOT using the headlight adapters at all for the plow....or i have to plug and unplug em every time i drop blade...

i also prefer to use my hids as they go over the plow very nicely when dropped...truck is tall

BUT......i need to be able to activate the low/high beams on the plow...with a switch...

SO......short of a set of jumper wires to each headlight adapter isn't there a low beam and high beam wire "triggger" at the iso box i can tie too easy to make both light?..

i ran a 3 conductor strobe wire to a double switch inside.....so if i can find a power wire and the 2 triggers i can just tie into all 3 right there and the switch will use the power wire to trigger low.high depending on what way i flip it.

is it possible?.....i haven't jazzed with the iso box.......i know it's sensitive and stuff.

does it require a lot of amps to make plow lights light?...isn't it just a relay in the box?..IE a low current feed?...how does the damn thing knwo left from right?..

i really envy the BOSS where you can pick what you want.....but if i get a switch i am better cuz i can then do BOTH.....lol