1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4-high

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Grotonems5, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Grotonems5

Grotonems5 Member
    from Vermont

When using a 4 port iso module on a '95 Chevy, will a 4-high setup mess it up or will it work normal on the plow and the truck through the iso module? I'm having troubles getting my truck side wiring to work properly with my headlights and this is the only thing I can figure that would be throwing it off. I have the right harnesses and have tried two different isolation modules with the same outcome.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

can you tell us what exactly is not working right? and also, which style lights are on the truck, hb3 hb4? if so, what harness and module part numbers do you have, because there are two different sets with the same plugs? did this used to work on your truck, or are you just installing it now?
    sorry for so many questions! :)

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

What are the part nuymbers of your headlight harnesses. and what is not working properly.

4. Grotonems5

Grotonems5 Member
    from Vermont

The harness numbers were 26345, 26351, 26352, and one was double labeled and also had 26291. HB3 HB4 headlights, white label F26400 isolation module. I got the harness' and the isolation module along with a set of truckside mounts used and the guy told me they were off of a 95' K2500 so I assumed everything would plug right in and work. Guess not. one headlight would only have low beam and the other would have high and low on and when I turned the headlight switch off in the truck they stayed on. I did use the configuration plug and that got them to shut off, but the high/low beam switch didn't change anything. I used the Fisher installation guide to figure out which plug went into what number on the isolation module.

I ended up taking it to my mechanic and he happened to have the harness' that he knew would fit my truck, so I swapped out the harness' and used the yellow label isolation module 26401 and voila! Everything works like it should now! But even though I have 4-high still hooked up it doesn't work anymore through the isolation module. I don't know the part numbers on the harness' that he swapped out with me because the tags were all worn off.

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hmmm. the parts you had originally would have been correct, and yes you should use the configuration plug. the yellow label module should be wrong.

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

It should b wroung but I have also used yellow and green on fords they work just fine.