1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 Duplex's

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Bossman 92, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Well here is the deal. I got a call from a realitor a couple weeks ago and picked up their office and his house. Today his secertary called back and said they have 4 duplex's that they want plowed also. I went and looked at them and they are all in a row about 1/4 mile from their office. I figure it will take about 1/2 hour to plow all four.

I have a couple other duplex's, same size, that we do and I charge $35-$45 per account, but they are further apart and owned by different companies.

Do I charge my hourly rate, or do I charge a minimum for each one?

I think I know what to do, but I want other opinions.

Thanks Bossman
  2. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

If you have a minimum stick with it and charge your minimum. When you buy gas by the gallon its always the same no matter how much you buy so charge it if you think it will fly with them. If you think you should knock a couple bucks off of each one then I'd say go for it to make them happy. Do what you think will make the sale.
  3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

What do you guys get for a driveway? They are about 40' long and 20' wide, I only have 1 drive and it's 1/2 mile long.