1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 corner strobe mounting question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by omsk, Mar 14, 2005.

1. omsk

omsk Junior Member

Recently aquired a nice Whelen 4 corner hidden strobe kit. Before I go drilling and cutting I'm interested in any feedback from those of you who have already done this installation. I have a 2001 Superduty.

Did you use the headlights or turnsignals in front?
    Did you use the brake or reverse lights in the rear?
    Where in the housings did you mount the bulbs exactly?
    Have you had any heat related problems?

Thanks for any input

Gregg

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey Greg,

Welcome to plowsite buddy, do a search under " strobe lights " this has been discussed here many times and you'll be amazed at the amount of information you'll get regarding location in Ford trucks as well as particular brands that are better vs. others.

Best of luck with your endeavor ! :)

3. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

i used front directionals, and rear brake lights. no problmes with heat as it is usually cold n snowing when i use them.

Jeff

4. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

mounted mine in the haedlights, and in the rev. lights no heat issues.

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

hey run mine all the time, I put my in the center of the brake housing, that way it lights up to whole unit including the R light. No heat problem

6. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member