1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 corner hideaways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by AGM Inc., Jan 17, 2010.

1. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

I went to my dealer to get led 4 corner hideawys. i was told all 4 in l.e.d was 200 bucks. but what i found out was for clear led for ONLY 1 was $160!!!!!!! and led amber $120!!!!!! Is there anywhere you guys no where i can get 4 corner led hideaways cheaper??

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Whelen vertex. They are about 65 a piece for any color you want. Talk to a guy named dissocative. He'll hook you up, and answer any questions you have.

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

What kind of dealer was this?

George(Dissociative) is a good guy. If he is unable to help you for some reason, let me know.

4. 203

203 Junior Member

ussmileyflagussmileyflag

I must agree, if not for anything else but the fact that I thought generally speaking, CLEAR is usually cheaper than AMBER, which logic would dictate as commonsense, considering there (at least I don't believe), is an extra color etc.,that requires combining into the process?

Maybe not, but I'd guess they KNEW you'd take the AMBER route and therefore decided to conviently_____________________(fill in what BS excuse (they'd call a reason..lol), they gave).

Increasingly I've found it next to impossible, (vehicle wise), at least to trust anyone who I haven't had a long standing relationship with.

It is unfortunate to say at the least, that they are the guys that do whatever they can however they can, if they have know you for about 10-20 years or not.

But their principles don't let them get carried away with the prices so therefore, the guys I've mentioned....If they haven't already, they are forced to take their retirements early:rolleyes:ussmileyflag...close up shop & leave us with the guys that only see us as a $ sign.
    ussmileyflagussmileyflag

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Actually clear tends to be a little more expensive. At least tha is what I see. And I have bought and priced out lots and lots of lights.

6. SafetyLighting

Colored strobes are more expensive, but for LEDs Blue, white and sometimes green are more expensive. The physical LED's themselves are more expensive because of the different minerals and manufacturing processes.

As for the business aspect, that is exactly why i'm still not successful. My stupid conscious keeps getting in the way. I actually care about the quality of work that I put out!

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thats the problem with most business today. All they care about is making money. No longer do you see quality in a lot of peoples workmanship. Its sad. Which also goes hand and foot in the plowing business. Low ballers will plow a lot for a case of beer, and not give a hoot what it looks like. If there is hard pack on it and it thaws. Eh, we'll leave it. Where as a lot of us would plow the lot for say 40 to 50 bucks a push and then use 15 bucks of that to buy the beer. HAHA! Point being, you keep doing business the way you are. Your customers will see your quality in workmanship and pass your name along.

8. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

9. SafetyLighting

Well, those are junk, and they definitely won't be easy to fit in your corner lights. :)

10. 203

203 Junior Member

I'm pleased to see some of these last few responses, it's refreshing to see people speak about pride in their work...What ever the kind or situation..
    One variable that is rather unique to me with any of locksmithing work I may do (really a side thing at the moment), I may not charge that much but If someone has gotten my info somehow, I will 9 times out of 10 drop anything & everything if not on another call or some extreme case.
    I also make a point to only do anything that I'm almost positive I can handle, and if on a rare situation, I am not above calling someone else for advice or to handle it alltogether while I wait-unless of course they leave or tell me to. I always do everything w/ invoices & my name, for anything they want to know...I am an open book to the customer, making sure they understand I don't have a "company" or insurance, etc. and if anything was to happen something would have to be worked out between me & them.
    I know how any "company" may see me, but I can look at myself knowing I make it my business to do what's right and fair/reasonable. I understand plowing is to some degree speaking apples & oranges to a car/truck lockout, but non the less, I am pleased to be one of the minority that take pride in what they do, and how they do it, the technical "company" or just one man.

My 2 coins..lol