1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 Bolts for tacoma plow mount?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 04tacoTRD, Sep 29, 2011.

1. 04tacoTRD

04tacoTRD Junior Member
    from NJ

I have a older snoway 22 with 3 pin mount. Is the 4 tow hook bolts all i mount to? Because it seems kind of weak... Im not sure those 4 grade8 bolts will hold up to the beating. Is there anything i can do to make it stronger?

Thanks

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

3. dcdlexmass

dcdlexmass Junior Member
    from Boston

I had an older 3-point Sno-way on my 2002 Tacoma ... It used the (4) tow hook mounting holes as well as (2) rear mounting holes which aligned with motor support cross frame. had to use fairly long 1/2-13 bolts, washers and nuts to fasten. All told ..Three major mount points.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No 22 series three pin, that would be either a 18 or and ST series plow. Yes it should have thruster support, FesterW posted the links to the parts, if you are missing parts you need to install them before pushing snow.