1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4 acres of side walks ? box or plow ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Superior L & L, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

We have over 4 acres of sidewalks to do. We will be using two bobcats do you guys say use a 8' box or a 7.5' plow. Some areas will need a box because we have to take it out of a enclosed area.But should i use one of each. Also if i use a plow it has to have a rubber cutting edge so will i need feet on the plow so it does not constantly trip. How do rubber edges work compared to metal.

Thanks for the help.

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

What are the surfaces of the side walks? brick, concrete, paver, ashpalt. :confused:

3. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Blizzard 810SS problem solved.

4. Superior L & L

from MI

all side walks are concrete (about 4-5 years old)
    Thanks for the input so far. Never seen the blizzard product (no good dealer near me, but i will check out there web site)prsport .

Just checked Blizzard site out! your right the 810ss looks like the perfect deal to do both applications. Any one know how much they run?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  5. Superior L & L

from MI

.....xysport.....

6. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Man thats a load of walks. What about a brush on the Bobcat?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  7. LLM Ann Arbor

Maybe Im missing something but how do you plow a 4 foot wide walk with an 8 foot wide blade?

8. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Yea thats what I was thinking.:rolleyes:

9. LLM Ann Arbor

Unless they are six feet wide and of course the blades not 8 feet angled.

:confused:

10. Superior L & L

from MI

The side walks go all the way around a retail center in Novi. Some walks are 14' wide but most are about 8' wide. No 4' walks

herewesport