1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4.86 Acre Lot Running Prices By Ya

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by agurdo17, Sep 24, 2012.

1. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

209000 sq ft of blacktop 4.87 acres
    4300 square ft of sidewalk .1 acres

30 events plowing close to 100 inches of snow a year average.
    35-40 events salting on average season.

Calcium Chloride only on sidewalks

Going to use a hoe/wheel loader and a pickup.
    Just a blower for walks when cant shovel.

my prices

To plow for season 27000
    Price to Shovel walks 1800
    Salt Lot 11500
    Price to salt walks 1600

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Your salting prices would be on the cheap side. For me anyways.
  3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Prices would seem great if I were the contractor, however I feel that it may sell for 25-30 K total
  4. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

Everyones costs are different. In this case my cost is going to be almost 35 to 40 grand. If its a bad year every event after that I'm looking at 500 to 800 dollars cost. Someone could come in with two trucks and a shovel crew but one bad storm and they will fail and then they will get fired at won't get paid

I get what your saying though
  5. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

How could you possibly make any money at those prices?
    I was thinking double that without blinking an eye...after sharping my pencil and looking at your prices...I am hoping that those are your costs and you are going to add your profit on top of that.
  6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

My .02 worth

Since it hasn't been brought up to this point, what size wheel loader and plow will you be utilizing on this job? Both will directly effect plowing time, thus changing the bid price.

At a minimum of 500 pounds per acre on average for sodium chloride you are cutting it really close to cost without profit in my opinion.

I think I would bump the numbers all the way around if I were bidding this job. As long as you know your break-even point, bid it how you feel comfortable. Good luck and let it snow.

We have a CD titled Quick Estimator for Snow & Ice Management for estimating time and material for jobs. It calculates per push, flat rate and seasonal pricing. Check it out on our website at www.profitsareus.com. It's simple, accurate and professional.
  7. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

3500 dually with 810 power plower. And 12ft box plow. Using rock salt on lot. 70 dollars a ton costs. 18 a bag for calcium
  8. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Your salt price seems low to me.
  9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

This would go for less than $30,000 around me
  10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Here too, I would still be in the $35k range
  11. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

well i figure im good at 39000 then as some of u guys are above me and some are below me. sounds good.