1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4-5-08 dyno day

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by payton, Apr 6, 2008.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

368.98hp/670.70tq

2003 dodge cummins 6spd afe stage 3 intake,4inch turbo back exhaust and a bully dog tripple dog.

2. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

:realmad: Picture Forum

tho I would love to hear that truck pulling hard under a load. :gunsfiring::dizzy:

3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Hey Payton where did you run on a dyno at around Indy? I would lik eto check my 6.0 out.

4. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

My 03 Cummins on the rollers.... 405hp and 781ftlbs Banks 6gun speed loader. kn fipk daul 4inch exhaust bigger inercooler and some other stuff...<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i273.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid273.photobucket.com/albums/jj210/red_rattler/058.flv">

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  5. payton

payton Senior Member

6. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

nice pulls!!!

7. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

The good news-That is FRIGGIN" awesome!!!!!
    The bad news- guaranteed-you'll be smokin' a tranny.
    Been there-done that on my ' 99 2500 w/ Cummins
    Yup, went ahead and put in a box (Edge), did the xhaust and a couple of guages. 2 months later,tranny started slippin'. Bummer.
    ...on to the next truck-hence my ' 04.

JKiser96: Don't put your 6.0 on the dyno-you'll be disappointed. :D:jester:

8. payton

payton Senior Member

6 spd manny not gonna smoke a tranny 2 soon.. forgot to mention its already got the heavest streetable double disk south bend makes

9. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

OK thats much better. Not perfect, but, much better!! Had a neighbor who built his up even more than mine and he had a manual. I forget what exactly he toasted but I know it left him sittin'. Building stuff up is kinda funny, ya build the motor ya gotta beef the tranny, ya beef the tranny ya gotta build up the rear end, and on and on and on!
    I still gotta say, ya got an awesome truck there!!:yow!:

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I found this..Sno 4U was thinking automatics but look New Process manual specs! I'm no dodge guy but your input shaft may be still a week link because it's only rated at 550 ft-lb of torque. If it's true, I would hate to have you grenade that case, Be careful!

# Manufactured by New Venture Gear
    # Input Shaft: 1-3/8" 10 spline (after Aug 99)
    # 4x4 Output Shaft: 1-1/2" 29 spline
    # Input torque rating 550 ft-lb
    # GVWR: 16,000 lb
    # GCVWR: 26, 000 lb
    # Cast Iron case, weight = 360 lb
    # Fluid Capacity: 9 1/2 pints

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  11. payton

payton Senior Member

yeah the input shaft is the weak link but not hard to change.. so it may get done not sure where im gonna stop on my mods.. only time will tell

12. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

Nice numbers, mine dyno'd in at 457hp and 961ft lbs this past weekend. I have an edge juice with attitude, scheid lighting injectors, 5" exhaust and a FASS fuel system.

Mike