1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4-5-08 8-12"

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 91AK250, Apr 6, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

its been in the 50s the last few weeks...the plow has not been on the truck for 2-3 weeks. i excpetd winter to be over...and today well i was in the paint booth all day painting my explorer it really added up! anywhere from 8-12" and it keeps coming...they say another 3" tonight so we'll see...if i have to i'll put the plow back on..but i'm so jammed this weekend i dont really want to,

taken around 4pm today...it hasnt lightend up.

see the problem
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

I'd say the plow should already be on. How deep is it gonna have to get to see some action pics?

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i guess the 6 " on the ground isnt enuf:dizzy:go make sum payup

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You got more in April then icey got all year.;)

5. 91AK250

looks like i'll have to put it on later today...its still coming down and mesuring somehwere around 14" or so depeneding where you are.

6. 91AK250

its coming down again..they are saying 5-8" between tonight and tomarrow...luckly the plows on and i'm ready to go! pics and maybe a vid later :)

7. 91AK250

"Now
    Snow Advisory for Anchorage... Heavy snow is falling in portions of east Anchorage and along Turnagain Arm. Accumulations up to 4 inches in two hours have been reported from the hillside. Snowfall of 4 to 7 inches is expected in the city by late today, more on hillside. Traffic has been slowed today and caution is advised if travelling"

"Tonight
    Snow. Additional snow accumulation 2 to 5 inches. Lows in the lower to mid 20s. West wind 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming light."

looks like the plow isnt coming off anytime soon!

8. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

What is the difference between your local weather person and Lorena Bobbit?

If Lorena Bobbit predicts their is going to be 6" on the ground in the morning, you better damn well believe it!!

9. 91AK250

well, mines been right so far haha! heres some pics from today i thought i'd share. i had issues with the plow that ended up being low fluid but it caused a weird thing..anyway got that fixed and then got stuck once..its been a day haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 91AK250

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my explorer i just painted this weekend
    [​IMG]

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics man, did the truck slip alot in that wet/sloppy snow?:gunsfiring:

12. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Nice pics. Are those wings easily removable so you can windrow snow and throw snow to the side?? Also how does the plow trip forword with those wings on there??

13. 91AK250

nope the wings never come off, it trips fine if it has to..but not often. it throws just fine to the side even with them.

yeah with the wet snow i really wished for some new tires haha maybe next year :(